September 2021 Prayer Requests

Put your prayer requests here
Charlie Cornell
Site Admin

September 2021 Prayer Requests

Post by Charlie Cornell » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am

Deacon Brian Shea

Our brother Deacon Brian Shea is fighting tough and heroic battle against Prostate Cancer. Brian was first diagnosed with this cancer during his fourth year of formation. He responded well to the initial treatments but it has since come back in full force. Brian and Maureen have been receiving treatment through Dana Farber and have been hoping to travel to Munich Germany for a promising treatment. However, Brian’s health has kept him from going to Germany and has been in an out of the hospital for several weeks and is now in a local rehab hoping to gain strength to travel to Germany next week. Brian is on a leave from work and Maureen, his wife, is his primary care giver. Brian’s children have requested help to assist their parents in fighting this disease and have set up a GoFundMe Page to assist them in Brian’s fight against Prostate Cancer. I spoke with Fr. Doyle, Brian’s pastor last night and after asking how I might be able to help him help Brian, he shared the link to the GoFundMe page. I also spoke with Bishop Mark O’Connell, Bishop of the North Region yesterday so he could keep Brian and Maureen in his prayers. I am sharing the GoFundMe link. If you are able to contribute to support Deacon Brian and Maureen I know they will be grateful. I sent Brian and Maureen some gift cards to Stop and Shop that they can use for Peapod to assist them with grocery shopping. Here is the link to the GoFundMe Page . . .
https://gofund.me/3d5516c9

I know you join me in praying for Brian’s health and recovery as you hold up Maureen and their children in your prayers as well.

Peace and blessings,
Deacon Christopher Connelly